Sunday, March 9, 2014

Siding

Matt has been working hard on the house, as always. And now that we're almost done with electrical (inspection tomorrow), we get to work on some other stuff, like putting siding on the house. Matt got the entire back of the house (with the exception of a few feet) done in one day while I was at work! When I showed up to help, I didn't get to help with the siding. Matt made me help him move a huge pile of siding. I know, I am VERY important.

All the windows will be trimmed in white to contrast the darker paint we'll use on the siding.

Matt was able to finish one side of the house on Saturday with the help of my dad. He has this side and the front to do the horizontal siding, and then he will do vertical siding on the gables.

The front of the house is just about ready for rock!

A few weeks ago, we had the sheet rock guys come and hang some sheet rock in our garage so we could have some break from the cold and have a chance to close up the house. It makes me excited to be able to start doing sheet rock (hopefully by the end of this week?) but also makes me scared! Everything looks so different with sheet rock!

Matt is looking pretty disgusting with his mustache...

No comments: