June 3, 2009
Tim and Kamie bought a fire pit for the front porch and we have fires like every night out there, so it wasn't weird for Tim and Kamie to be over hanging out. We were even taking pictures "to show Diet" because he is not a huge fan of the fire pit plan (that's what you get for going out of town Diet!).
Later that night, we are chilling by the fire still and Kamie is like, "Matt, we brought your birthday present over, do you want to open it?" and he gets all excited and starts opening his present. As you can see, he is holding the present away from me so I cannot see what is inside. I was practically falling out of my chair to see what he got because he seemed so excited and even said, "This is the best birthday present EVER." Duh, of course I'm going to want to see it.
Next thing I know, Matt whips out the ring box from the "birthday present" and gets down on one knee and proposes. He totally caught me off guard and I was 100% surprised. Way to go Matt. Kamie was snapping pictures while she and Tim basked in their glory of pulling off the surprise. Even Timmy kept the secret!
My ring is beautiful and I am sooooo happy that Matt and I are getting married!
Wedding plans are coming along. I am OCD about everything, and have made about a million lists of everything to do, to wear, to buy, etc, etc, etc, already. The date is August 15 so mark your calendars! Love you all!
3 comments:
I am so so so excited for the two of you!!! I was making bets with Steven on when the two of you were going to get engaged and married!! You two are a darling couple!!!
I am so excited to have you in the family!! Congratulations!!!
Congrats cute girl! I didnt realize you had changed your blog so i didn't even know!! That is awesome i am excited for you guys. Good luck with the plans!!
Post a Comment