Sunday, June 8, 2014

Happy Birthday Matt!

Matt has been soooo busy working on the house, so this year for his birthday, the only thing he wanted to do was have a relaxing day of fishing! So that is exactly what we did! We went down to Salt Lake on Thursday night (the night before his birthday) and met my dad for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. The real reason we went there for dinner is for cheesecake for dessert! Even Matt, who isn't quite as much of a sweet-tooth as I am, loves their cheesecake! The next morning we woke up and left Salt Lake at 5:00 AM so Matt could be on the water for the morning fishing! His mom and dad were kind enough to come with us so Matt could fish on the boat. They apparently "slayed" the fish. I spent most of the day reading and sleeping, and missed a lot of the fishing, but he said it was great! We pulled the boat out around 5:00 PM and stopped at Dairy Keen in Midway for dinner, then headed back to Richmond.

As you can see, Matt was very busy fishing...

He did have some success...

But most of the day was just spent enjoying the nice weather and of course Matt needed a nice beer...

On a side note (I'm not trying to make this about me), it was only 27 degrees when we got to the lake. I was wearing pants and a sweatshirt and coat, and forgot my boots! Matt is always worrying about me being warm enough so he dug through Diet's toolbox and found me some of Diet's coveralls to wear! I would have really froze to death for the first three hours on the boat if I didn't have those coveralls. Throughout the day, I slowly took off my layers!



Happy 29th birthday babe! Enjoy your last year in your 20's! I love you!

No comments: