Friday, April 12, 2013

Flashback Friday: EFY

I can't even begin to really say what happened on this trip. It was just one of a million crazy things we did back in those days. I am so lucky that I had such a good group of friends. This was the summer before sophomore year, so we were all 15, and we went up to BYU-Idaho for EFY.

The girl in the middle of this picture was just someone we met on the trip. You'll see her in several pictures. I'm not sure anyone really kept in touch with her after.




*Update on all these girls today...
From left: Jenn was married for three years and just recently got divorced and is graduating from college with her degree in interior design. Sarah has been married for four years, has a degree in elementary ed and is having her first baby like any day! Erika got her bachelor's degree, served a mission in the Philippines, and is living in Virginia. Amy has been married for almost five years and has a baby girl who is almost one! Kasi has her bachelor's degree and is now in medical school! How and when did we all grow up?

I have a lot of pictures like this from this trip. Jenn in a tree. Kasi and Jenn standing next to a bathroom sign. Amy, Jenn and Sarah sitting in some bushes. Erika and Kasi standing next to a drive through fast food place sign. I forgot what it was like to be 15. It's nice to be reminded that sometimes being a crazy person is okay.

See what I mean? Why did we need to take this picture? I don't even know! One thing I do remember... this was the trip that Kasi brought a mini TV in her suitcase. Like a heavy TV. With a built-in VCR. We watched Free Willey during our free time one day.


I bet these guys hated girls like us. Always trying to be cool, but never really succeeding.


Again, a picture of us in the bathroom on the bus. Was this really necessary?

Matt often asks me if I was one of those annoying teenage girls. I hope that I wasn't annoying, but I know I definitely did some stupid things with my friends. That is the best part of being a teenager- not really caring if you are acting stupid or not. I kind of miss that. I also miss being skinny! Gah!

No comments: