Saturday, August 11, 2012

Music in the Mountains

Every year, Randy gets tickets through the bank to a Jon Schmidt piano concert at Wolf Mountain Resort near Pine View Reservoir. This has become one of our favorite summer traditions, Matt and I look forward to this concert every year. This is the third or fourth time we have been. This year, Matt and I drove up with Randy and Brad to the concert. Jenny had sick Claire and Harrison at home and couldn't come. We definitely will drag her with us next time. Brad was a crazy man throughout the concert. He wanted to run around the mountain and play and dance the whole time. I kept waiting for him to lose some energy but it never happened. It was hilarious when Jon Schmidt played a song that Brad recognized, he would start singing way loud or humming the tune as loud as he could. As always, the concert was great, I love listening to piano music, especially Jon Schmidt. He plays some of the same songs every year, and it is a pretty entertaining show. Brad loves watching him play the piano upside-down and with his toes. Mostly it is amazing being in the mountains in the summertime. This year a moose walked right across the street from the amphitheater!

No comments: