Friday, June 24, 2011

Fischer Powell Trip

We just got back from a week at Lake Powell with the Fischer family, and it went pretty well. I did not take a single picture, so look at Kendra's blog or Jenny's blog when they get to blogging about the trip. It was so fun to spend time with family and enjoy the warmth, sunshine and no serious sunburns! However we did have some issues that were not so fun:
1. The boat was not in proper working order- meaning the boys were hesitant to drive it lest it die on the water and we get stuck out in the middle of the lake. I could spend every minute on the boat, so it definitely sucked only going out three times in a week. We actually came home a day early because we didn't want to sit around in 100 degree heat with a boat that didn't work. I got up on a slolem ski for like a second before crashing and never really had another chance to try. Matt and I are hoping to be able to buy a boat for next summer so we can do the boating trips right!
2. The wind was sucky! We had one night were we couldn't take the boat out at all, and one whole day! It was to the point where you had to sit in the trailer because sand was being blown in your face the whole freaking time.
3. We had a lot of truck and trailer issues on the way home. Tim's hitch on his fifth wheel was pretty much ripping out of the trailer so he had to deal with stupid insurance people for a while, which always sucks. I felt soooo bad for him. Randy's truck had issues getting home too. AND the stupid boat trailer freaking broke when the boys were loading the boat! It had obviously been hit a million times by idiots who don't know how to drive and was to its breaking point. Luckily, we know someone who fixed it for us, but seriously! I wanted to go down to Club Rec and ream into those idiots who own that place.

When we have a boat, boat trips are going to be MUCH better.

No comments: