Monday, July 12, 2010

Bear Lake

Sorry for those of you who have already read about our family's Bear Lake trip on Jenny's blog and on Kendra's blog, because I am going to blog about it myself. Over the fourth of July weekend, Matt and I went up to Bear Lake to Kamie's parents' cabin. Matt wanted to ride his bike up, and I refused, so I drove up by myself and listened to Harry Potter on the iPod. We went to dinner with Lance, Kendra, Diet, and Myrna, at the restaurant at the golf course clubhouse. The next morning we played golf in the annual tournament. I have definitely improved since last year, in fact I helped our team at times, which was awesome. I even won the women's closest to the pin on one of the holes! Even though we didn't play very good, our team still won more money than any of the other teams we knew! Randy was pretty pissed (SUCKER!). For the rest of the weekend, we ate, relaxed, I read my book, played with the kids, and just messed around together. I have to say, it was nice not to have our own kids to chase around (I think that is a clue that we should not have kids yet... Sorry to everyone who is hoping we will have kids soon). We watched fireworks from the deck on the 3rd and 4th, our mini celebration. Matt and I took a ride on the motorcycle around the lake, and it was beautiful. If it wasn't winter there for 10 months of the year, I would consider a cabin there someday. I can't bring myself to having a cabin somewhere where it is too cold to take my boat out. On Monday, we didn't have to work, so we played another game of golf and headed home. We always have so much fun with everyone, and this trip was no different! Thank you Gerry and Karen for housing the rowdy Fischer family for a weekend, you are wonderful!

All the boys we played with in the tournament:
Team 1: Lance, Matt, Tyler, Me
Team 2: Gerry, Tim, Derek, Terry
Team 3: Randy, Diet, and 2 friends from Randy's work

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It was a really fun weekend. It went too fast.

Great picture...I am going to steal it.