Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Past Couple Weeks

We have been busy the last few days! Today, Matt and I got haircuts! I have been dying to get a haircut since all the Fischer women have had cute haircuts! Matt has not been looking forward to getting a haircut, and I had to bribe him in order to get him to come with me. He got his birthday present early, a new xbox 360 to replace the one we have that has not been working forever. Here is the result of my haircut... The first short haircut I've ever had in my life!



This morning Myrna and I went to pick up our Bountiful Baskets (see bountifulbasket.org) and got some awesome fruit and veggies for only $15! I definitely will be doing this again. Here is what we got:



We finally finished up with testing at school. Now I have not really been a believer in bribery at school, however, I had to resort to desperate measures in order to convince my students that they should do well on their tests. Our goal was for 75% of my students to pass each test (with 75% or above), which did not happen. We ended up with only 50% of the students passing each test, which will be a starting point for my students next year. The bribes included: cookies, chips, recess, gushers, no homework, etc., etc. It is amazing what kids will do for a treat.



Yesterday Matt and I headed up to Idaho for Jenni and Jared's wedding! We drove up with Tom and Lindsay and met Jeana and Marc there. The reception was beautiful and it was so fun to see our friend celebrate their marriage! After the reception, the three couples went to dinner at a restaurant called Gertie's, where we had unlimited pizza, pasta, salad bar, and drinks! The waiters brought different types of pizzas around and you would just take one if you wanted it! Some flavors included: ranch pizza, ranch/bacon/chicken pizza, saurkraut(I have no idea how to spell that) pizza, cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, bbq/chicken/buffalo/bacon pizza, double bacon pizza, idaho pizza.... on and on and on. While the normal pizzas are coming out, there were dessert pizzas coming out! Including Oreo pizza, raspberry pizza, strawberry pizza, reese's pieces pizza, peanut butter extravaganza..... on and on and on. It was such an amazing night. I haven't laughed that much in a long time! Matt and I have amazing friends! We love you guys!



Matt's sweet hair



This is my most recent project. I wanted something bright and colorful to represent summertime!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE your haircut.

I love to grow my hair out then chop it off. Nothing feels better then to get rid of it all. It looks so cute on you!!!

Did mat just get a trim or did he cut it short???

McKensie Naomi said...

Tori... do you even remember me? aha I blog stalk you and love reading about everything. It sounds like you are happy and doing really well.

First off, DARLING haircut! You look so cute! I think short hair looks perfect on you!

Second, I remember an old neighbor telling us about that Bountiful thing. What is it exactly? Can you go every week? How much is it? Is there a good selection? Do you mind emailing me the 411 on that whole thing. I am really interested. I looked at the website, but am not sure exactly what's what?! my email is mckensienaomi@gmail.com

Thank you Tori!

Sara said...

Love the craft and love your hair!

Steven and Kari said...

Your hair cut is way cute! I love that you bribe your students, I wish that my teachers would have bribed me!