Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Up until this point, holidays as a teacher have been pretty lame. For Christmas, we watched a movie. For Valentine's day, we had a little party, but it wasn't one that anyone would remember. And for birthdays, the kids get a candy bar and we sing. I've been pretty bummed that I have been such a slacker. So for St. Patrick's day, we went all out.
A couple weeks ago, I convinced my kids that leprechauns come to my classroom every year and play tricks on me and the students, and that this year, we would outsmart those clever guys. So we built traps, disguised in all the things that are tempting to leprechauns- shiny stuff, warning signs, giant versions of their own hats... you get the picture. We were going to trap these guys once and for all.
Well, the day came, and those leprechauns bested us once again!

They left a note for us on the board...


Hid shamrocks all around the room...


Left their dirty footprints on the walls and even the ceiling...


And not only were they not fooled by our traps, they left us notes and gold coins!



We'll get 'em next year for sure.

2 comments:

Sara said...

WAY CUTE! You are such a great and fun teacher! I bet your kids just love you!

Jenny said...

I love the tiny footprints. You are so creative. I love all the detail. I bet the kids ate it up!!!